5 Tips to Get an Organized and Clean Kitchen
None of us like to prepare a meal in a cluttered kitchen. And letting the dust settle in your kitchen is a recipe for disaster. Make use of these tips to keep your kitchen clean and organized.
1. Create a Plan of Action – Before you begin cleaning, gather everything you need to tackle the whole kitchen from the rubber gloves and sponges, to the vacuum and mop. Create a checklist to make sure everything gets done and get the help of family members by giving them a task from the checklist.
2. Use All-Purpose Cleaners – Make it easier with a quality, all-purpose cleaning product that can tackle all sorts of kitchen messes while killing germs. Be sure your cleaner can wipe out tough grease and grime, without leaving behind a filmy residue.
3. Reorganize and Prioritize – As you clean the kitchen, reorganize the contents of the pantry, cabinets, drawers and spice racks so everything is easy to find, with your most-used items in the front for easy access. Ensure anything expired is thrown out, and donate canned food you don’t plan to use to a food bank.
4. Dust Cabinet Interiors – Remove dry-storage items and dust out your cabinetry. Make sure you get into the back corners of your cabinets with a duster or vacuum. Wipe down dry food items with a damp cloth and place back in the cabinets.
5. Get Your Floors Gleaming – Vacuum or sweep floors before you mop. Make sure to dust the baseboards and corners where dust and pet hair can get trapped. Pay special attention to the cleaning solution you use to clean your floors, as certain flooring requires specific cleaners.
Want more home tips, real estate info and news on Hamilton?
Subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter today!