6 Tips to Re-Organize Your Fridge
In connection with our last blog post ‘Tips on Cleaning Your Refrigerator,’ we thought it was important to give you some tips on how to organize your fridge. Here they are:
1. Condiments, Salad Dressings & Sauces: These should be stored on the shelves in the door. If you have more than one open bottle of the same thing, combine them into one. If you have more condiments than door space, you might just have too many. Butter can be stored in the door as well.
2. Beverages: These should be kept on the top shelf in your fridge. This includes milk and coffee creamers. Also on the top shelf, try storing all yogurts in a plastic basket. Include cottage cheese, cream cheese & dips on this shelf.
3. Lunch Meats & Cheeses: Most fridges have a drawer specifically for these items. If not, try use a rectangle basket to make it easy to pull out when making lunches.
4. Vegetables: Store all vegetable produce in its own drawer or bin. Using green bags for your vegetables will help them to last longer.
5. Fruits: Use plastic baskets or containers to store your fruit. Keep apples & oranges together. When bringing grapes home, wash them right away and put them in a plastic bowl. Making your fruits readily accessible will encourage the family to eat them.
6. Leftovers: Designate a shelf for leftovers. Use only clear containers with lids to make it easier for you to keep track of what you have before it goes bad.
Now that you’ve got your fridge clean and organized communicate with your family how you would like to stay organized. Each week before you do your groceries clean out your fridge and get rid of old leftovers. This will help to keep your fridge organized and will make putting your groceries away when you get home.
Want more home tips, real estate info and news on Hamilton?
Subscribe to our bi-monthly newsletter today!